We know how important it is to pet owners to work with a real estate agent who is both knowledgeable and cares for them and their pets. This is why we partnered with the Agent Success School and Helping With Real Estate to create a course specifically for agents working with pet owners.
Pet Certified Agents are trained in:
- Service/Assistance Animal Laws & ADA Title II and Title III
- Emotional Support Animal Laws
- How ADA / ESA Animals Apply to Renters Pet Deposits and Pet Fees
- Documentation Required for ADA / ESA Animals
- Helping Renters Find Pet Friendly Landlords & Local Housing
- Working With Buyers With Pets (Showings, HOA/Condo Restrictions, House Features)
- Tips and Tricks to Prep & Sell a House That Has Pets
- Working With Sellers To Ensure Pet Safety During Showings
- Alternative Real Estate Options Like “Buy and Move Before Selling” or “Rent to Own”
- How to Help Pet Owners Move Safely With Their Pets
- How Agents Can Market Their Skills & Certification to Their Community
- Ways Agents Can Create Win-Win Relationships With Local Rescues
The course is online and takes approximately 2 hours that can be done all at once, or at your own pace. It includes a short quiz at the end of each chapter and then agents are certified.
When a pet owner calls us or fills out the “Help Find An Agent” form, we ALWAYS try to refer them to a “Certified Pet Real Estate Agent” first. We also partner with agents who have taken their commitment to the next level and is licensed to use our “Real Estate With Pets” brand name. These professionals are our top choice to help pet owners and we have a list of our licensees to help you find the right person!
*If you are a licensed real estate agent and want to learn more about getting certified or a license to use Real Estate With Pets, go to PetCertifiedAgent.com to get started.